The Official Leibele Waldman Blog

Welcome to the Official Leibele Waldman blog.

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Memorial Concerts for Leibele Waldman draw 5,000 fans

LEIBELE WALDMAN
"IN OUR HEART AND SOUL, UNIQUE WITHIN HIS GENERATION"
The above concert was produced in Israel in 2001 memorializing my father (l"z). Thanks to Mordechai Sobol, in my opinion and many others, considered the authority on Chazzanut and Yiddish folk song, planned the concert, selected the soloists and led the YUVAL Orchestra and Choir. Dr Sobol invited me to attend the concert as the guest of honor which, needless to say, was quite a thrill. I even had the opportunity to address the throng of three thousand at the Mann Auditorium in Tel Aviv and two thousand more aficionados in R'nanah two days later, who came to hear four outstanding artists sing my father's popular compositions, his Yiddish folk songs and his Chassidic melodies. In addition, I also had the pleasure of meeting soloists Dudu Fisher, Chaim Eliezer Herstig, Moshe Schulhof and Ari Klein with whom I shared many interesting and humorous stories. This was an experience that I will never forget.

No comments:

Post a Comment